There are 22 rule changes listed in this article, so I’m not going to even pretend that more than a couple would ever be implemented. However, I definitely think a couple of them should be.
2) After an icing, the offending team can’t call timeout.
6) If a skater loses his helmet, he has to immediately leave the ice.
22) Shooting the puck over the glass in your own zone is no longer a penalty.
A couple of others probably won’t be implemented, but I think they would really help the game:
8) After an icing, you can’t put your goaltender back on the ice.
9) Overtime is 10 minutes of 4-on-4 and that’s it.
20) Goaltenders have to serve their own penalties.
Which of the 22 rule changes would you implement? Any that are missing?
Leave a Reply